I’m sure most of you have heard about this blog hop by now, and it’s my turn! I was tagged by the fabulous Liz Coley.
Here it goes:
1. What is the working title of your current WIP?
It’s currently untitled, but I refer to it as FE_Prequel. Real creative right?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
This is a prequel to my YA sci-fi novel (currently titled Finding Eden but changing soon) that’s upcoming from Balzer + Bray (HarperCollins).
3. What genre does your book fall under?
It’s a YA sci-fi, the kind with space ships and guns.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I haven’t come across anyone that fits my MC. But in my mind, I picture Jeth as a teenaged version of Malcolm Reynolds, and if you don’t know who this is, I’m afraid we can no longer be friends. (Kidding, well sorta.)
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Jeth Seagrave and his crew of teenaged thieves must pull off a dangerous heist for their crime lord boss while training their newest and youngest member–Jeth’s little sister, Lizzie.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Unknown. I’m still working on it.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
The announcement in PM described the series as Firefly meets White Cat by Holly Black. I’m down with that.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I wanted to explore what happened before the events in the first book.
10. What else about your book might pique your reader’s interest?
It’s written in 3rd person and from a male point of view. There’s lots of action and sci-fi fun.
Now, I’m supposed to tag 5 writers to post next, but so many people have already been tagged for this one. Instead, I’ve decided to list some of my favorite up-and-coming writers. All of these ladies are super talented, and I hope you’ll take the time to check out their stuff and put them on your radar. You won’t regret it!